 LEGO Company / 2241
2240  |  2242
Subject:
LEGO Inside Tour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:41:20 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Over the last few years, we’ve had more and more fans from around the world ask us about getting tours of LEGO Billund. It seems that more and more AFOLs want to take the trip to the source of the brick!

In order to make this a reality, the Community Development Team worked with LEGOLAND Billund, Hotel LEGOLAND, and many other colleagues to develop a concept we call the “LEGO Inside Tour” (LIT).

The idea is to give fans a world-class, weekend-of-a-lifetime experience, going everywhere and seeing everything.

This totally unique experience will cost DKK 7.600! (Approx. USD 1,200 and EUR 1.000), and will include:

• Two nights at the four star Hotel LEGOLAND including breakfast
• Lunch Friday and Saturday (excl. beverages)
• Dinner Thursday and Friday (excl. beverages)
• Meet with LEGO Designers - LIT Special
• Host/guide and meeting with LEGO designers – LIT Special
• Visit to LEGO Idea House and LEGO Museum – LIT Special
• Visit to the LEGO factory – LIT Special
• LEGOLAND backstage tour – LIT Special
• Unique LEGO gift (that Kjeld had part in creating...) – LIT Special
• ...and much more!

The first tours are currently scheduled for:

• September 16 –18, 2004
• October 14 –16, 2004
• May 26 –28, 2005

Guests should make their own travel arrangements to and from Billund. Once you land at the Billund Airport, you can get to Hotel LEGOLAND from their free shuttle.

Booking your spot on the Inside Tour should made no later than 10 days before the event date. If you are interested, you can email thelegoinsidetour@europe.lego.com. Each tour event has a maximum of 20 guests, and booking will be on a first come, first served basis.

If you have any other questions, please let me know or post in this thread! This tour is meant for y’all (as we say in Texas), so please feel free to comment on the concept.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison