 LEGO Company / 2215
2214  |  2216
Subject:
Global AFOLs Group - details
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:51:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I’m catching up after a whirlwind tour of the US these last few weeks. Seems like I’ve been on the road all summer!

Some of you may have heard about something vague called the “Global AFOL group”. In this post, I covered a bit of overview about the group. To recap:

   The “globalAFOL” group is currently a small group of community leaders and representatives from around the world and the Web.

   I was realizing that as the AFOL community grew ever larger, it was becoming increasingly difficult to get information out to the entire community on any kind of equal footing. It took quite a while, for instance, for me to share the Maersk container ship color vote with all the AFOL groups globally.

   Additionally, as the community grows it’s also becoming more and more difficult for me to keep up with all the issues the various global groups/sites/clubs/organizations might have.

   In short, I needed a way to quickly and effectively work and communicate with the AFOL community at large. I recently set up a Web conference tool and a mailing list to communicate.

The list is purposesly small, simply to stay focused and on task. I invited only a handful of people who represent the key Web sites/clubs/groups. Where possible I tried to invite those who had overlap in multiple areas in order to help further reduce the size of the group.

Today, the list consists of:

Larry Pieniazek - ILTCO, LUGNET Transition Team, LDraw SteerCo
Eric Brok - EuroBricks, De Bowsteen
Tim Courtney - Ldraw/LDraw SteerCo, LUGNET Transition Team
Huw Milllington - Brickish, BrickSet.com
Rene Hoffmeister - 1000steine
Lenny Hoffman - SciBrick, Classic Castle, LUGNET Transition Team
Paul Wolters - De Bowsteen
Ross Crawford - Australian rep
Kecia Hansen - Byggepladen (Danish fan group)
Ace Kim - FBTB.net
Yann Laurent - FreeLUG
Willi Tschager - ITLUG
Kelly McKeirnan - BZpower.com
Kevin Loch - Brickshelf, BrickEvents
Christina Hitchcock - BrickFest/BrickEvents
Dan Jezek - Bricklink
Tomas Tordrup - EuroBricks.com

With this list, we cover a great deal of the community! So far (only twice now) we are meeting via Web conferencing once a month. We cover a wide range of issues, both things I’m interested in passing along, as well as answering questions you (through the reps above) have. We will continually modify the content and format to keep up with the current needs on both sides.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison