 Inventories / 143
142  |  144
Subject:
BT2 Inventory Notes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:49:43 GMT

Some inventory notes regarding

    6981 Aerial Intruder
251 elements, 2 figures, 1991
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > Blacktron II

    6933 Spectral Starguider
204 elements, 2 figures, US$25, 1991
LEGO > SYSTEM > Space > Blacktron II

While the 6 x 6 canopy

does not have an axle hole in two Aerial Intruder sets from uncontaminated lots, it does have the axle hole in two Spectral Starguiders also from uncontaminated lots. (Three lots, one of the lots contained both sets, however none of the lots contained any non-BT2 sets with TNG canopies, and all examples were well preserved with boxes and instructions.) So it cannot be said that 6933 canopy does not have the axle hole (although it could be transitional so it probably cannot be said definitively that it does).

As for grille tiles

the black tiles in Aerial Intruder were non-grooved while there appeared to be a mixture of both types of white ones. I suspect this is transitional because it was found in a set that appeared to be the only LEGO owned by the party I got it from. The grille tiles were grooved for certain in one of the 6933’s (no evidence of non-grooved tiles in this lot) while the other also had a mixture of grooved and non-grooved. However this latter set came from a lot containing other sets so cross-grille-tile-contamination may have occured.

Maggie C.