 Harry Potter / *1625 (-5)
Re: HP sets to return?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 23:18:51 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Ted Godwin wrote:
Anyone know anything about rumours of the return of Harry Potter sets?

Hmm, I hadn't heard any such rumors, but it would make some sense to have some
sets released in conjunction with the LEGO Harry Potter video game next year.

Scott

Re: HP sets to return?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 23:18:09 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, Ted Godwin wrote:
Anyone know anything about rumours of the return of Harry Potter sets?

I'd read that they were releasing another Lego Harry Potter videogame. I didn't
read or hear about anyt new sets coming out, since the series has become darker.

Subject:
HP sets to return?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 18:38:05 GMT

Anyone know anything about rumours of the return of Harry Potter sets?

Re: No new Harry potter LEGO sets for 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:34:21 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, William Toenjes wrote:
No surprise here but confirmed by article at MuggleNet

If you want more on this from LEGO's point of view, I asked Steve Witt about
Harry Potter LEGO a couple months back:

http://radio.laml.org/lamlradio-71-steve-witt/

Re: No new Harry potter LEGO sets for 2009
Newsgroups:
lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 08:41:57 GMT

In lugnet.harrypotter, William Toenjes wrote:
No surprise here but confirmed by article at MuggleNet:

Yeah, I had a feeling it was going that way.  The first two movies produced a
deluge of HP sets.  The third came with a decent spread.  The fourth had a
handful, and the fifth only had a third Hogwarts, but not a lot of
movie-specific sets.

And actually, I think it's less that there's no way to produce kid-friendly sets
that tie in with the movie, as it is the fact that they're probably concerned
with having the HBP movie logo on the box.  Even if it's just a scene where
everyone is sitting in a room eating popcorn, parents are going to see that logo
on the box and immediately think of how dark the movie is.supposed to be.

And there were people who were hoping that we'd see a LEGO Harry Potter game
done in the style of the LEGO Star Wars/Indiana Jones/Batman games...

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact