 General / 5795
NEEDED: Person to design/assemble a LEGO building scale-model (Massachusetts)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 16:59:54 GMT

The Indian Hill Music Center in Littleton, Massachusetts, is looking for an
energetic, creative "LEGOMeister" that can create a LEGO scale model of our
non-profit music center building and proposed addition. We hope to use this
LEGO scale model in our capital campaign's final fund drive aimed at securing
donations to support the construction of a performance space addition to our
main building.

We hope to set up in our lobby a plexiglass-enclosed display of the LEGO model.
Initially, the model will represent the existing structure and some incomplete
portion of the planned performance space addition. The idea is to add
LEGO bricks to the addition portion of the model as contributions come in.
This will, we hope, bring the project out of the abstract realm and provide a
direct visual enticement for further donations. If you'd like (and *only*
if you'd like), we will display a "Created by" card with your name next to your
creation in order to give you proper credit. (Over 2000 people pass through our
lobby each week, so there's some exposure potential here.)

We have money to supply whatever LEGOs are needed, and also something for your
time and effort. If it helps, we can also supply pictures and blueprints of
the existing structure.

If this sounds interesting, you can contact me through our website
at www.indianhillmusic.org, or email me directly at
NOSPAMevelyn@indianhillmusic.org (remove NOSPAM).
We'd like to meet the volunteer builder in person, so at least one trip to
Littleton, Mass. would be required. Time is of the essence since, if at all
possible, we'd like to have the model completed by September 12, 1999.

THANK YOU in advance!

Evelyn Dueck, Executive Director
Indian Hill Music Center
NOSPAMevelyn@indianhillmusic.org
(remove NOSPAM)

[posted by Don Davis on behalf of Evelyn Dueck]

[Sincerest apologies if this posting is not appropriate for this group--Since
I'm an unwashed newbie I've read the Terms of Use and could not find any
language prohibiting these types of messages, so I spent about an hour
acquainting myself with the various groups to get a sense of what's on and
off-topic. I've made an honest effort to pare my crossposts to a bare minimum
of what I infer to be appropriate groups. If I've screwed up, I again
apologize]