 General / 56256
Re: The mysterious "WDR" version 6661 Mobile TV Set...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2015 01:17:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
One of the most interesting LEGO sets in recent times has been the 6661 Mobile
TV Set of 1989.  This set was sold everywhere, and would have an otherwise dull
existence if it weren't for the fact that Germany has a very interesting
variation of this set... the West Deutsche Rundfunk (WDR) version of this set.

West Deutsche Rundfunk is a northwestern Germany TV Station that appears to have
had a promotional 6661 set made with the stations letters "WDR" printed on the 2
1x4x3 blue panels that make up the truck of this set.

Cheers,
Gary Istok

As a followup I did some more digging, and it appears that this set was likely
for the 35th anniversary for the WDR TV station of Cologne Germany.  The special
edition with very rare WDR panels was for the 1 Jan. 1991 35th Anniversary of
the German TV network.  More information and photos on it here....

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/15873/the-mysterious-german-6661-mobile-tv-studio-set#latest

There's even one for sale on German EBAY.

I do believe that as this set becomes more well known, it will increase in
value!

And of course it's part of my collectors guide!  ;)

Cheers,
Gary Istok