 General / 56168
56167  |  56169
Subject:
Squeezing out the last few secrets of the LEGO Genome...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Feb 2014 03:09:37 GMT

I like the word "Genome"... it has to do with mapping out the entire genetic
squence of an organism's heredetary information... or in this case the entire
history of LEGO...

Well I am now close to "the final frontier" in finding all the LEGO sets and
parts that take us back to the real Dark Ages of LEGO... those early years where
little was recorded.  The LEGO Archives are like those of western civilization,
sparse for the early years, and getting more detailed as the years progress...

But my 7 year odyssey to go where no builder has gone before (stop me when the
cliché's start piling up! ;)) I finally have the endgame in sight!

There are still 4 LEGO sets that I have not yet found... but I know where to
look for them... and some idea of what they look like!

Of these last 4 sets... 2 are from Norway, 1 is from Norway/Sweden, and 1 is
from Denmark/Norway/Sweden.

The last 4 sets to finish the "LEGO Genome" are...

1) a 1955-57 Norwegian Retailer Windows/Doors Box, that looks similar to this
Danish one (only 2 known, both in Billund Archives)...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/8071856469/sizes/l/

2) a 1955-56 Danish/Norwegian/Swedish 1301 MOSAIK set.  I know it exists,
because I have a Swedish image of 10 of the 1301 boxes stacked up on a
counter... but none are yet known to survive.  It looks simiar to this smaller
1300 MOSAIK box (2 known, 1 in the Billund Archive)...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/istokg/8071856469/sizes/l/

and 3 and 4 are found in this Eurobricks post I put out yesterday, at the end of
this informative thread, namely the 1309 Small Esso Service Garage and 1237
Garage Side Building sets...
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=83307&st=25

There are so many other things that I am cramming into my next version of my
LEGO DVD/download, which will exceed 3200 pages (2200 more pages than my very
first LEGO CD of 7 years ago).

My next update of the DVD/download (free to current owners), will have an
additional 500+ images.  Many of my friends who have contributed images in the
past, have been on a buying spree in Europe, and some of the sets (along with
improved photography)... have really provided some stunning images for the next
DVD upgrade.  Check these out... "Poetry in LEGO".... ;) ...sets in some
languages I had never seen before!!...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/sets/72157640836752783/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82930629@N08/10551971806/sizes/l/

Well that's all for this post... more images coming...

Enjoy!
Cheers,
Gary Istok

P.S.  Do check out my offers for old CD owners for inexpensive upgrades to my
DVD downloads (triple the content)... in Lugnet Buy-Sell-Trade!  Current
DVD/download owners... all future upgrades are free!