 General / 56111
56110  |  56112
Subject:
LEGO sold in Asia.... from Lebanon to Japan...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2013 22:07:01 GMT

LEGO sales were started in Asia in 1962 and thereabouts in Japan and other
countries... Hong Kong, Lebanon and Singapore... and later other countries.

In Japan LEGO was first imported from Denmark by the Asahi Corp. from 1962-69,
from Fujisho Corp. from 1970-78, and from LEGO A/S from 1978 to the present.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamo05/9577813729/sizes/l/

And because sales in Japan were so poor (the Japanese were leery of imports)...
TLG imported into Japan a new (cheaper) LEGO product called OLO... distributed
by the Fujisho Corp...

http://www.youblisher.com/p/601177-CHAPTER-75-OLO-EARLY-TLG-PRODUCED-LEGO-FOR-JAPAN/

Also, there were many unique LEGO sets not found in other countries...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamo05/8141106856/sizes/l/

And my favorite... the Japanese 1902 (Minitalia like) set with black Minitalia
windows and doors....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamo05/6586668207/sizes/l/

Gotta love the 1976 black Minitalia 9 light door(prototype) for the 1978
introduced modern 4 lights LEGO door...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamo05/6734421765/sizes/l/

Or Asian catalog images of sets long ago...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamo05/8784651888/sizes/l/

And Idea Books in exotic languages...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamo05/8174204169/sizes/l/

Or parts in colors we've never seen before...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/kamo05/8296150562/sizes/l/

Coming soon as a DVD download near you... ;)

Cheers,
Gary Istok

Free updates to the current DVD/download to current/pending owners, with annual
free updates as new and old LEGO items are re-discovered.  CD owners that want
to upgrade... drop me a message! :)