 General / 55116
Re: Cross-stitch patterns
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mosaic
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2009 02:39:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Sinasohn wrote:
   Has anyone ever used cross-stitch patterns for Lego mosaics?

Yes, I have used cross-stitch patterns to create LEGO studs-out mosaic patterns. The ones that have just the large thread diagonal type patterns work best. (The ones with the thin thread outlines are quite tricky to transform into a LEGO pattern.)

I used cross-stitch patterns to create these 2 jaguar faces.
They were both made from the same pattern; I was just trying to see if tan or yellow looked better.

This is a large (144 studs wide X 192 studs tall) mosaic pattern of a King of Hearts made from a cross-stitch pattern.

I’ve found plenty of other cross-stitch patterns online that would work well for studs-out LEGO mosaics.

David