 General / 54931
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) But that's exactly the point. It's not that they weren't aware of us at all. It's that they thought we were an inconsequencial fraction of the total market, and thus not worth catering to at all. And strictly in terms of the total customer (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Both halves? Do adult fans represent 50% of the market? Cheers Richie Dulin CO Legeaux (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Yes! Me and the rest of you... Well in appreciation terms anyway. God Bless, Nathan (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Honestly, my impression of the Lego hobbyist community is that there was a boom in growth of AFOL purchasing around 1998-2000. My honest-to-god guess is that AFOLs weren't worth marketing to back in, say, 1992, but we WERE worth marketing to (...) (16 years ago, 18-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)