 General / 54928
  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I didn’t say that they should stop selling the normal sets. I just asked for an additional service above and beyond that... But of course you have a point regarding the need for profit. Perhaps such an offer should be available only to certain (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) That's exactly it. If you're looking for black 2x4 bricks, the market is flooded with them, so BL prices have settled pretty low (and the rarer parts in a given set help offset those low prices so that sellers will still find it worth parting (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) I think that's not quite the point that was being made. The point is that selling individual bricks to individual consumers is *grossly* more expensive for the company, not that it's cheaper, and hence would need to sell sets to keep their (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Improving the adult image of LEGO

(...) Well, or maybe it's me generalizing from getting lucky once. Looking at PaB, 1x14's are currently 28 cents per piece. On Bricklink, right now, I can find them for as low as 15 cents, but not in anything like the quantities I'd needed. In fact (...) (16 years ago, 17-Sep-08, to lugnet.general)