 General / 54298
Re: OBB--it's where the cool kids hang out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:15:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

   Wow. Four years.

It’s funny you should mention it: I’ve discussed a possible revision/redo of Traumatic Events a couple of times in the last few months.

One discussion was about a possible update to take into account various traumatic events which may have occurred since (or possibly even slightly before) the original post.

On reflection, I think an update would detract from the original post, and is not something I’m likely to do (although I would dearly love to be able to go and fix the typos in my original post).

Essentially, Traumatic Events was about applying the then contemporary reaction (much of the comment by Legofan X was fragments of posts on LEGNUT – you just have to know where to look) to historical changes which had attracted no similar reactions at the time, with a few extra funny bits added for interest (such as the Pythonesque shouting obscenities in the direction of Denmark). But the subsequent changes have all been met with much the same reaction. I think you could happily swap the comments on the latter day traumatic events and no one would really notice the difference – it doesn’t matter whether it’s brightly coloured knights or the end of 9V trains or the prevalence of computer generated images rather than photographs on sets, or colour coded long technic pins: People don’t like the change, and wheel out the same comments - “how could they do such a stupid thing?”, “the company didn’t ask us, its greatest fans”, “this’ll cost the company money” etc etc. Ho hum.

I’m so angry with the community’s hackneyed responses to every minor change that I don’t know what I’m going to do but I’ll certainly be writing less satirical commentaries on it in future.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

(Please set a more appropriate FUT if you choose to respond. Please).

Spotlighted. Thanks for sharing (and appropriate FUT set).

Tim

PS. I have to write this rambling little postscript in order to get Lugnet to accept this post but I really don’t want to mess up this quote.

PPS. And even the first postscript wasn’t enough. Who’d have thought that writing so little new would be so insulting to the servers?