 General / 53527
Re: Minifigs On Tour!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2007 22:22:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Crandall wrote:
   At Brickfest 2007, someone asked me if I had knew where to find pictures of Minifigs that had made the ascent to the top of Mt. Everest. I told that person to do a search online for it; I hadn’t heard of such a thing.

However, that gave me an idea…a crazy idea. Crazy, but fun.

Never before have Minifigs gone on tour!

Never before had they been seen at the base of the Gateway Arch, nor had they been seen riding a buffalo (statue) in Wyoming. Never before had they been seen at the Sioux Trading Post, nor had they been caught working out their stiff little joints after a long day on the road. Never before had they reached such heights (8,640 feet, to be exact)!

Until now.

Deena and I took pictures of Minifigs on a business trip to a conference in St. Louis, MO.

See how they tried to catch a thrown roll at Lambert’s Café! Check them out riding bareback on an ape (statue)! See them in the Precious Moments gift shop, and the LEGO stores in Denver, CO and Schaumburg, IL!

Most of all…see them here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=250669.

Play Well and Prosper,

Matthew

Well, I don’t rememebr minifigs ever doing a virtual tor, but at least 2 sets have done an actual tour. Do a search on “Colin” and “Wanda” and look for messages in 2000. Also search for “Brad” and “tour”

Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115