 General / 53339
Re: Event Report: LEGOPalooza, Morrhead Plaetarium, Chapel Hill, NC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 00:40:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Pilati wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Joe Meno wrote:
   Hi all,

as announced previously, NCLUG was the host of LEGOPalooza this weekend at Morehead Planetarium.

Joe this is a genius of an idea. This sounds like a great way to get out into the community with benefits to both you and the planetarium. Also, it seems simple to organize and achieve good results.

It’s not that bad to do at all:-) And this is a good display for almost any theme - museums are a good place to start looking for opps for display beyond train shows.

I would like to know some more details.

How much planning went into the event?

There was about a month of online discussion on NCLUG’s yahoo board, and the display person devoted a couple of hours to figuring out table space.

Did you have to pay the Planetarium for your space or was it a collaberation?

This was a collaboration, so we only had to bring our MOCs and displays.

We also got snacks and refreshments from the planetarium.

   Did people have to pay to get into the event?

No - it was a free event.

   How did you advertize and how many people attended?

The Planetarium took care of most, if not all, the promotion by making press releases and sending notes to local media.

Total attendance was around 1300. Given the space allowed, this was pretty good for a weekend event.

Thanks,

No prob!

Joe

   Brian