 General / 53324
Re: Straight LEGO Country Flags of 70's and 80's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 20:26:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
   By the way the #15xx and #16xx sets were promotional sets for companies. Does anyone know what the #1589 was a promotional set for? Or was this just (as someone had mentioned in the Lugnet notes) just the European equivalent to the USA #6390 Main Street set that was only sold in UK and the Netherlands?

Hello Gerhard,

Which one of the two sets with number 1589 are you refering to? :-)

I guess your question concerns the set with LUGNET reference number 1589_1, Town Square. It is just as the information in the LUGNET database says (see “Notes:” in lower right corner): A promotial for the brandname Weetabix, which is a wheat-based breakfast cereal in the form of relatively large biscuits.

As you might know, the firm Weetabix Limited has patronised quite a few promotional LEGO sets, see: here and here

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.