 General / 5232
Re: member id's: simple numbers or something more?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 13:22:24 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote in message ...
In lugnet.admin.general, Selçuk Göre writes:
[...] You already mentioned some "special" provisions to allow older
users to continue their well known nicks, that are not related to their
names,

No, that wasn't to give special treatment to anyone to use nicks • unrelated
to their names, it was citing examples of gray-area cases.

OK, I see the confusion now...  Sorry for being ambiguous.  When I wrote:

  "Anyway, here are some examples that do seem gray to me and may need
  careful attention...(these have all been disclosed publicly on LUGNET
  by their owners)"

in:

  http://www.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=2082

I meant carefully and tactfully deciding whether or not those ID's would be
OK, and if necessary, gently and diplomatically explaining why they • weren't.
I didn't mean to imply that they were OK, a priori or otherwise, and
certainly not because someone was an older user.  I just meant that they
were potentially sensitive cases.

--Todd

I've already get it. But the confusing phrase was not this one, it was:

"Those are all fun names, of course, and these people could all *certainly*
continue to use these "handles" as they currently do in the newsgroups --
we're not talking here about changing anything anything -- just about how to
move forward."

:-)

Selçuk