 General / 52134
52133  |  52135
Subject:
NQJ - Brick It Forward - not goodbye, but adieu
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 02:36:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

(sniff)

Today, I have a jumble of emotions.  I am both sad, and happy.  It is
with a sad heart that I have to announce the natural ending of Not Quite
Jambalaya (aka Brick It Forward.)

It is with the joy, and glee of a small child on Christmas morning that
I  get to say that the reason the game is over is because I have reached
my goal of trading up for a 8241 Crane.

I want to take the time to thank all the people who have offered to make
a trade, but for one reason or another, it did not quite work out.

As well, I think I need to personally thank:

Tim who got the ball rolling.  He was the first, he was willing to swap
a 1x1 technic brick for a 1x1 used black tile. Thank you.

Rob, who at the advice of his son, decided that a pair of dragon wings
was well worth the 1x1 brick. Thanks.

Tim (another one.) Thank you for making the leap from parts to set. Your
  trade of the wings for the znap set, was a great entry to phase two.

Janey, my friend Janey Red Brick.  1 gold brick, 1 silver brick, 1 JLUG
train container, 1 Janey sig fig - For a znap set.  Thank you is not enough.

Larry, you helped push this community spirited game from the skeptics
cries of "it will never work," to the first MISB 8417 set. Thank you.

Jake, Steve, I don't know what to say.  Without the "50 years of Play"
book, I don't think I would have reached my goal so quickly.  Thank you.

Ken, traded a highly sought after AT-AT set.  Not only did you offer a
set, but you also offered to post into other forums.  Thank you.

Mike, I know as soon as you offered me a 8880, that I was days away from
my goal.  You are right, the 8880 is a great set, and I know you feel I
should have stopped there. But I had a goal.... Thank you.

Robert, you brought this game full circle.  Your offer of a 8421 Crane,
for the 8880 helped me show the skeptics, and the community at large
that there is hope for "us" yet.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am not sure how to end this.  I used to look forward to working on the
project every day. Now that its over, I don't know what to do with my
time.  I mean, I don't know what to do with my time OTHER than to build
the 8421 Crane.  (smile)

Once again a HUGE thank you to all those involved; and that includes the
  people who didn't cause a fuss when I did posts of this community
spirited game to various areas of Lugnet.

Adieu(1) my friends, Play well.  I know I will.

Chris

1. NQJ 2.0.  Who knows? Several people said to me that this should be
played again.