 General / 51930
Re: Oldest Lego Parts of 1949-57
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 2005 23:00:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Henrik Thrane wrote:
Hello!
Is it possible to see the pictures from this auktion somewhere? I would love to
see them as I have a large collection of these old bricks and would like to know
more about them:-)
Thanks!
Henrik Thrane

Hello Henrik,

Sorry but the Ebay auction item (originating from Aarhus, Denmark) is gone I
believe.

Check here in Jim Hughes website for some information on these early slotted
Lego bricks:

http://isodomos.com/technica/history/early_bricks.php

The only countries where the 1949-56 slotted Lego bricks were sold were Denmark
(1949-56), Norway (1953-56), and Sweden (1955-56).  In all 3 of these countries
the leftover slotted bricks were still being sold there in 1957, until the
supply of old bricks was gone.

Interestingly enough, when Lego first came to Germany in 1956 (after a few test
runs in the northern German state of Schleswig-Holstein in 1955), they started
selling the new bricks without slots and the new windows/doors without "wings"
(the wings used to fit into the slots).  These new bricks were still hollow on
the bottom until 1958 when the bricks with tubes came into production.

Gary Istok

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, Henrik Thrane wrote:
Hello!
Is it possible to see the pictures from this auktion somewhere? I would love to
see them as I have a large collection of these old bricks and would like to know
more about them:-)
Thanks!
Henrik Thrane

Hello Henrik,

Sorry but the Ebay auction item (originating from Aarhus, Denmark) is gone I
believe.

Gary Istok

Henrik, Gary -
I saved the pictures from this auction and placed them online:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=151956>

Enjoy,
Eric

Re: Oldest Lego Parts of 1949-57
In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
In lugnet.general, Henrik Thrane wrote:
Hello!
Is it possible to see the pictures from this auktion somewhere? I would love to
see them as I have a large collection of these old bricks and would like to know
more about them:-)
Thanks!
Henrik Thrane

Hello Henrik,

Sorry but the Ebay auction item (originating from Aarhus, Denmark) is gone I
believe.

Gary Istok

Henrik, Gary -
I saved the pictures from this auction and placed them online:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=151956>

Enjoy,
Eric

Thanks Eric,

Eric has been collecting lots... and I do mean LOTS! of pictures and scans for
everyone's viewing pleasure (and for my Lego CD!).  :-)

Gary