 General / 51590
Re: Collecting Rare Lego in a Binder....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 04:53:30 GMT

In lugnet.general, Gerhard R. Istok wrote:
I'm starting this thread in lugnet.general because it is sort of an off Lego
topic....

I have many old Lego parts from the 1949-70 era.  I was thinking about getting a
3 ring binder and somehow putting together a collection of the various old and
obsolete Lego elements.  The binder is the easy part!  How to store Lego bricks,
windows, doors, etc within a binder is the problem...  I am a coin collector and
also have a small stamp collection.  So I understand how those are collected and
stored in plastic sheets (for coins), etc.

But I cannot find anything remotely useful for storing Lego elements in some
kind of (plastic?) encapsulation.  I checked button collecting, or Exonumia
(tokens and medal) collecting, and they usually use partitioned shallow wooden
boxes for storing their collectibles.  I was looking for something for Lego that
can be held in place into a binder (sorta shrink wrapped possibly).  But nothing
really cheesy looking, or difficult to store in a binder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Gary Istok

Hi Gary,
While I am not sure about the various size of the parts you are considering,
something like the clear plastic boxes my brother uses for those mini NFL
helments comes to mind. I would expect a half size might work if it's available
and you might be able to attach a binding on one side so you could flip thru the
stack?
just rambling thoughts ...
found this with google.. looks like they do custom fabrication of cases also.
http://store.casesforcollectibles.com/index.html

John