 General / 51522
    LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Marc Nelson Jr.
   Some weird stuff in here... "Your model must not show human beings"? Do they mean actual, living persons, or any generic human figure? Is this some sort of Islamic thing? THE LEGO ® FACTORY TEAM WILL NEED TO REVIEW YOUR MODEL BEFORE IT GOES UP ON (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX) !

        Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Joe Strout
     (...) You actually read that stuff? ;) (...) That is weird. I bet they just don't want any model that could be interpreted as representing a real person, who might then sue them. (...) Well, that's good — perhaps that answers the question about (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Marc Nelson Jr.
     (...) I sure hope that is the case. (...) Of course, some people might consider (URL) attack choppers> excessively violent. I might upload some similar military hardware as a test. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —James Stacey
     I'm guessing they dont want 'Lenny shot' photos. (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad)

        Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Timothy Gould
   (...) What exactly do you mean by 'some sort of Islamic thing?'? Are you referring to the way that one should not make images of the Prophet? If so then it is probably some sort of Christian thing too as the Bible is pretty firm about idols. Tim (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) Islamic views on "idols" are quite a bit more .. umm.. severe? than Christian views. Basically, Islam wants to avoid any appearance of idol worship what-so-ever, so images of people are usually avoided. Photographs of friends and family are (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Timothy Gould
     (...) Thanks for the overview Lenny. I do find the wording of the original post quite unfortunate (to put it lightly) but I can see that it is, at least, based on a somewhat valid assumption. On a related topic, I do find it interesting that most of (...) (19 years ago, 26-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Marc Nelson Jr.
     (...) As Lenny explained, there is a (URL) in Islamic art> of not portraying the human figure. I'm not sure what you found unfortunately worded about my post. I am asking a valid question: is the LEGO Factory TOS' prohibition on the depiction of (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

         Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Timothy Gould
     (...) And I agreed that the statement was valid. It was the wording I had a problem with. (...) Had it been worded like above I would have had no problem with it at all, and would have looked the topic up or asked about it. As it was you said "Is (...) (19 years ago, 31-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Samarth Moray
   Sorry... had to jump in. (...) Just let me point out here that 'severeity' is something relative. I don't see any problem with the 'severeity' that you refer to. It's their religion, and it's up to them how they should practice it, or not practice (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Factory Terms Of Service —Leonard Hoffman
   (...) I believe that I tried to point out the relativism of my usage of the word 'severe.' My sister is a Muslim, and my understanding above is directly related to my experience of how she expresses her faith in Islam. We often talk about the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)