 General / 51061
51060  |  51062
Subject:
The future of Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Jun 2005 15:31:55 GMT

Hey all,

LOTS o' posts here and many other places in recent months about the future
(or demise depending on the POV of the poster!) of Lugnet.  I simply can't
imagine Lugnet going away.  It just doesn't seem possible or likely to me.
While it's true that many groups of fans of themes like Space, Castle and
Star Wars have their own websites and communities, this seems to me a
natural process of evolution.  Many other fan groups will continue to grow
and seek to establish an identity for themselves independent of Lugnet.
However, that does not diminish in any way the fact that Lugnet was the hub
for them to come together in the first place and take those first steps
towards organization.

If not for anything else, I believe that Lugnet will continue to serve as
the hub for all fans, present and future, to find the ways to the specific
communities that appeal to them.  Being a fan of most themes, I haven't
spent much time at Classic-Space, Classic-Castle, or FBTB because I enjoy
all of them pretty much equally.  I will continue to browse the ng's here
because I'm more interested in a broader spectrum of news and information.
That's just me.  I only wish I had the time to offer my services in the
administrative area but I believe that my duties to my own club will soon be
expanding!

Good luck to Todd and Suz during this period of transition!

David Simmons
Member #112