 General / 50962
50961  |  50963
Subject:
Rarest Blue Lego Windows/Door
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:31:50 GMT

Here on a Swedish web auction is a very interesting 1955 Lego set #700/1.  If
you scroll down, you will see blue classic windows in the box of Lego.  Next to
them are red classic windows.  The red ones are modern (late 50's thru 80's.
But the blue ones are taller than the classic windows doors that we know of
today.  Also, they do not have studs on top, but "wings" on the side to fit into
the slotted bricks of 1949-56.  They are not compatible with Lego of today
(unless you used them with those 1x2 bricks with a groove for the modern Lego
rolltop garages).

http://www.tradera.com/auction/auction.asp?aid=14445287

The window/door sizes are (with the shorter modern classic sizes in parenthesis
next to it):

1x6x4 Panorama Window  (1x6x3)
1x6x3 3 Pane Window    (1x6x2)
1x6x3 Shuttered Window (1x6x2)
1x4x3 Window           (1x4x2)
1x3x3 Window           (1x3x2)
1x4x2 Door             (1x3x2)

These tall classic windows first came out in autumn of 1954, and were sold until
early 1957.  These were only ever sold in Denmark and Sweden, and came in red,
white and blue.  They are rare in any color, but blue is the most desirable.

Gary Istok