 General / 50960
Re: More esoteric Lego history
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:07:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jim Hughes wrote:
Hi:

With so many excellent recent Lego history posts I thought I would
add my own 2 cents. This is information I have dug up while
working on a Lego history website. My review of early Lego history
has allowed me to construct a fairly complete family tree:

Kirk Christiansen Family Tree

Ole Kirk Christiansen
  b. 1891 Filskov, Denmark
  d. 1958 Billund, Denmark

  m. Kirstine Sörensen of Normay, approx 1916

    they had 4 children:
    Johannes (b. 1917),
    Karl Georg (b 1919),
    Godtfred (b. 8 Jul 1920)
    Gerhardt (b. 1926)

  Kirstine died in 1932.

  m. Sofie Jörgensen in 1934

    and they had 1 child,
    Ulla (b, d. unknown)

Godtfred Kirk Christiansen
  b. 8 Jul 1920
  d. 13 Jul 1995

  m. Edith (maiden name unknown, date unknown)

    they had 3 children

    Gunhild
    Hanne (dates unknown but before Kjeld)
    Kjeld (b. 27 Dec 1947)

  Hanne d. Oct 1969 in a car accident.

Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen
(name variance was due to a misspelling at birth)

  b. 27 Dec 1947

  m. Camilla (maiden name unknown) in 1974

    They have 3 children:
    Sofie (b. 1975)
    Thomas (b. 1976)
    Agnetes (b. 1982)

If anyone has any additional information or corrections let me know

--Jim

Here (on Eric Strand's excellent website) is a picture of KKK's younger sister,
not sure if this is Gunhild or the late Hanne.  This is taken from a circa 1960
Lego dollhouse brochure:

http://home.comcast.net/~strandee/germany_dollhouse/dollhouse_3.htm

Hey Eric, show them a pic of the 1958 (twin towered) Town Plan scene with all 3
kids.

Gary Istok