 General / 50857
Re: Brickshelf going away???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 21:04:05 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.general, Steven Asbury wrote:
The instruction and catalog scans have been removed. Kevin posted the following
message ...

"Due to the loss of our major sponsor, Instruction and Catalog scans are no
longer available at Brickshelf.com. We are working to find them a new home. When
we do, we will post a link here. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I also see there is a message asking users to transfer their files to maj.com.

Kevin (or anyone), can you give us some more information? Is Brickshelf going
away immediately? If so, what timetable do we have before our galleries
disappear?

Brickshelf.com is not going away, at least not if I can help it.  I am working
with someone to rehost the instruction scans, and they will be in
their new home as soon as we can get them moved and they can get the necessary
permission from LEGO.  I expect the new caretakers will do a better job
than I ever did, and especially better than I have lately.

It is my intent to keep the brickshelf gallery online for the forseeable future,
though performance may be limited and new uploads may be disabled at
some point.

- Kevin