 General / 50820

Re: About the term "AFOL"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 17:38:43 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dave Schuler wrote:
Was Jeff "Nephilim?"  There were giants in the earth in those days.

The emails matched up, so I would assume that was him.

Wow. June 1995.  I'm a newbie--I only started posting to RTL in January of
1998.

Hey, I'm even newer! I started reading sporatically in early '99, and started
posting in... The summer of '99 sometime. I believe someone was just talking
about how there was actually a community when they switched to 9V trains, which
was 1991. But it seems the oldest post that Google has is in alt.toys.lego is
from Feb 1993, though.

DaveE

Re: About the term "AFOL"
Was Jeff "Nephilim?"  There were giants in the earth in those days.

The emails matched up, so I would assume that was him.

Wow. June 1995.  I'm a newbie--I only started posting to RTL in January of
1998.

Hey, I'm even newer! I started reading sporatically in early '99, and started
posting in... The summer of '99 sometime. I believe someone was just talking
about how there was actually a community when they switched to 9V trains, which
was 1991. But it seems the oldest post that Google has is in alt.toys.lego is
from Feb 1993, though.

DaveE

My earliest post was 29 Nov 1995 - good grief!

.s

Re: About the term "AFOL"
Google shows a post from Sept '93 as my oldest...

In lugnet.general, Jason S. Mantor wrote:
   I guess that makes me old : ( Google shows a post from Sept ‘93 as my oldest...

Old??? You’re a living fossil! :-)

JOHN