 General / 50785
Re: Your chance to win a Death Star
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 14 May 2005 03:16:42 GMT

In lugnet.general, Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Geoff Gray wrote:

The LEGO Fan organizers kindly ask for your participation in this survey, not
only to help out a starving PhD student, but also to help provide better
information about who we all are. Yun Mi’s research, as Jake has told us, has
helped to build a case over the years for why the AFOLs are worth paying
attention to.
But besides the good feeling that comes from helping others, there’s prizes
too. From the pool of respondents, two random respondents will win prizes!
Two LEGO sets will be donated for a prize drawing: the DEATH STAR (#10143),
and the TECHNIC PNEUMATIC CRANE XXL (#8421). The sets will be shipped to the
winners as soon as they’re ready to leave the factory…!

How exactly are you going to do that?  To take the survey, I had to pick a
nickname and a password.  That's it.  No email address, no snailmail address, I
wasn't even asked for my real name!  So how, exactly, are you going to ship me
my prize if I win?

(FWIW, I chose the nickname "Joe" -- either nobody else has chosen that, or your
site isn't properly screening for duplicates.  I do hope you'll make sure my
real name (above) is included in the drawing!)

Thanks,
- Joe

Well, you may want to go back.  I just started an account, and it asked for both
my real name and an email address.  No nickname.  They must have realized what
you realized.

John