 General / 50656
    Box repair —Piers Saunders
   I've recently won some items on eBay - one of them unfortunately got damaged in transit (poor packing). What type of glue is best glue to use to reattach a lid and should I try to remove the old glue 'strip'. Also, if a box has become ripped - is (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Box repair —Scott Lyttle
     (...) Piers, I've found that removing as much of the glue strip as possible (if you can use an x-acto knife well, this isn't hard), and using a hot glue gun works pretty well. The trick is waiting for the gun to melt enough of the glue (I tend to be (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)

        Re: Box repair —Bryan Kinkel
   I recently won an auction for a 7720. The box was pretty beat up. About the only thing I could do was use a very clear, wide packing tape from Scotch to shore things up. -- Bryan "Piers Saunders" <angelus@cwcom.net> wrote in message (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.general)