 General / 50358
Re: "The LEGO Group" or "The LEGO Company"?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 18:33:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Brian Kendig wrote:

   So I think the answer is that Lego doesn’t even know what it wants to be called.

You’d think :)

Actually, the background comes down to legal and tax issues. As I understand each country office/branch is a separate “company”. So in Billund, it’s LEGO A/S. In Enfield, it’s LEGO Systems, Inc., etc.

I don’t know the specifics (I try to steer clear of legal stuff), but the name to refer to the thing that you know as “LEGO”, and you once referred to as “The LEGO Company” is “The LEGO Group”.

Hope that helps.

Jake
---
Jake McKee