 General / 50170
Re: living in an ABS house?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:30:31 GMT

Adrian Drake wrote:
In lugnet.general, Jason S. Mantor wrote:

Hate to burst your bubble, but it'd be a *HUGE* fire hazard!
ABS and other plastics are basically just solid oil.  They'll
burn like mad once they reached a certain temperature and started to
outgass.  Even covering a wall with baseplates would violate US fire
codes.  I assume there are simmilar laws in Canada...

Which is interesting, because wood really likes to burn too, and yet we build
houses out of it.

Adrian
True, but wood contains less BTU's per pound than plastic.
Oil fires burn hotter and faster than wood fires. : (