 General / 50022
Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 02:54:51 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Some snippage.

In lugnet.color, Peter F. Guenther wrote:

I do agree that you cross-posted too much; if we're
trying to show we're mature adults, repeating others' mistakes isn't going to
get the message across.

I agree with Peter, I think excessive crossposting is something to be avoided.
And I'm not the only person that feels that way. I'd also remind those thinking
of crossposting excessively (for shock, for humor, to make a point, because
someone else did it, to banish someone not in your clique to an inappropriate
group, or for whatever reason) that it's explicitly mentioned in the ToS that
you ought not to do that.

While I have your ear (and sorry for piggybacking, Peter...) I have some other
things I want to raise that have concerned me about the various discussions
lately...

As I said, there has been a lot of inappropriate crossposting lately and I'd
like to see it diminish.

There has been a lot of profanity lately and I'd like to see that diminish too.
There really is no need for much of it. If you're upset, put your post on ice
for a bit and try to reword what you are saying to remove the need for it.

There has been a fair amount of abusive commentary, and disparagement of
motives, of opinions, and of people as well, which is not really appropriate
either, and also ought to be greatly diminished.

Please, everyone, do your best to abide by the ToS and by the niceties of civil
discourse. We'd prefer not to have to hand out more timeouts than we *already*
have had to hand out lately.

Anyone who thinks that in the light of day, and in view of the above, that they
would like to retract something they said is cordially invited to send me the
URL of the post and I (or any admin) will be happy to cancel it for you.

Thanks!
Larry Pieniazek

(XFUT to admin.general... if anyone has issues with the above, that's where to
discuss them)