 General / 48953
Re: Pick-a-Brick Billund inventory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland.billund
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 13:36:36 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Paton wrote:
   Hi Maarten

It sounds like you and your family had a great trip!

I have filled a few of the 299,- boxes you mentioned and I am still trying to figure out if it was a good deal or not. Earlier in the season the price was 599,- and, although the selection was different, again, I am left wondering if we the customers were just doing LEGO a good turn by buying up all their right-handed 3 stud wings!!, for example. (I think you have to be lucky and coordinated, having my wife help and sort worked well for me.)

But, amongst all the Bionicle, there were a few treasures and strange items too! I honestly believed the Nesquick Bunny was a custom part until I became the proud owner of 5 Bunny heads. Haven’t a clue what to do with them yet, but I have them!

Seeing what they offered at 299/box, I think I’m happy to say that we were there early in the season and paid 599/box, in our case red boxes:

We were there 3 days in a row, and every morning new bricks were added, often in bags straight from the sets. Even som of the supplement/bulk-sets found their way in there (I got several roof and window-bags). Sorting bricks in the hotel in the evenings helped us not to end up with huge amounts of left-or-right-only-parts too...

What we found is described here: http://midtkil.no/~anne/billund2004.html. Quite fantastic, living in a country where they still do not offer S@H :-(((

Now, all that remains is to build an extension to our house so we got a proper room to play in....

aj-ml

--

Anne Jorunn Midtkil

Trondheim - Norway