 General / 48410
Re: Has anyone noticed this? Is it even important?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:07:42 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   Anthony, The In lugnet.technic, Anthony Sava wrote:
   In a recent discussion over at Classic-Castle about maces, something came to my attention.

The whole discussion is over this:

It’s a design for a minifig mace that I’ve been using for five years or so. I’ve never had a problem with it, but those who have never tried this style of mace before have complained that this design is flawed. For them, the 8 toothed technic gear does not stay on the rod, it slips. For me, I’ve actually seen these gears crack because the fit was so tight.

This depends on the axle and the gear and how much they have been used. Are your 8T gears very used? The plastic used seems malliable. I have to match gears and axles to get a good fit.

Kevin

I’m not a technic guy, I bought the new ones as ‘new’ from various bricklink sellers in order to build my Red Dragon, these were left overs. The old gears come from sets I bought and parted out.

I’ve never used any of the gears that I compared for this post.

--Anthony