 General / 48320
Re: The White Knight turbojet airplane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 4 Jul 2004 02:50:00 GMT

"Øyvind Steinnes" <phoenix@online.no> wrote in message
news:I0B397.22My@lugnet.com...
Not sure where to put this message, so I put it in lugnet.general for now.

After I had seen the launch of Space Ship One on a news broadcast on the
television I was intrigued by the design of both the Space Ship One and • the
airplane that took it into air : The White Knight turbojet airplane.

And a week ago a friend of me challenged me and asked if I could build • them.

Saturday evening at about 18-19 I startet building it. I have thought out
the design in my head for the past week. At about 03:30 this night I was
finished with the first version of this airplane. You can have a sneek • peek
at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/White-Knight/white-knight_01.jpg
or wait until the folder is avaiable at

I is a bit tired now and just has discovered that there are some errors to
my design; the body of the airplane (cockpit) is not so tubular shaped as • I
first thought, and the back part is not round at all, it is more flat and
the end is pointed.
Another thing is that the wings should be longer and thinner....

Oh... forgot to tell where you can find pictures of the real one:
http://www.scaled.com/projects/tierone/data_sheets/html/white_knight.htm

Look out for new versions soon....

I have summer vacation and much free time to build for a few weeks now  :)

Regards
Øyvind Steinnes
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Phoenix