 General / 45440
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 19:41:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

I can't speak for FBTB, but BZPower was created specifically because the target
audience didn't flock to Lugnet. The opportunity was there... Lugnet's Bionicle
forum was the first place I visited in 2001. But it was anemic, and there was a
level of hostility to the theme (since diluted) that made it difficult for
people to want to post there. BZCommunity, later BZPower, was born as a direct
result of Lugnet's lack of enticement for the core Bionicle audience - namely,
children.

I do find it strange that this announcement was only posted to LUGNET and not
any of the other LEGO related boards. If this is meant to bring together all
online LEGO communities I would think that the announcement would be made on the
other sites as well so everyone in the LEGO online community could be in on the
topic.

Maybe they assumed we'd see it here. I can kind of see the first announcement
being here, since Lugnet does act as a de facto hub, but future developments
will require a lot of serious outreach before anything goes much further - from
whatever group continues the process. By their very nature, these initiatives
require substantial buy-in from a variety of people in the community.

I think getting the buy-in should happen very early or else people in the other
groups are going to feel as if they are second class citizens in the process.

I think the fact that it was only posted to LUGNET just highlights the fact that
LUGNET already is the hub of the LEGO online community.

jt