 General / 45397
Re: LEGOFan.net - central community run hub for all areas of the LEGO community.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:07:16 GMT

In lugnet.general, Tom McDonald wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Tim Deering wrote:
   snip
   Todd is also ignorant
snip

Zing! “Well played” as Sandlin would say.

   It does seem that way to me as well. I was just wondering how long it can take to become a Lugnet member these days...

D’Oh! Tom, are you still left hanging? As far as I’m aware, all the pending applications are processed up through I think Tuesday (two days ago). Of course, I may be unaware (ignorant!) of yours...? We switched the PayPal e-mail address last fall and occasionally someone slips through the cracks (sending payment to the old address) and they e-mail me and I am usually pretty good about handling it right away but I definitely have dropped the ball a few times and left people hanging for weeks accidentally.

Currently, I’m at Logan Airport -- on the plane, about to leave for Portland in 15 minutes -- but you can e-mail me at todd@lugnet.com if you’re still waiting hopelessly and I’ll be able to help you out later after I arrive in Portland.

Any suggestions (anyone?) on automating PayPal payments? Ideally this should be handled automatically and instantly, and not have a human bottleneck, especially one who is absent minded.

--Todd