 General / 44598
44597  |  44599
Subject:
Travis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 27 Dec 2003 06:17:29 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello Lugnet,

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the visitation this evening with
Travis's family.  His parents, Bob and Diane, are two wonderful people.  They
understood how important the hobby was to Travis.  I met Diane when she came to
visit me (at Travis' request) at the Festival of the Masters Show (at Downtown
Disney; in November).

She told me how touched the family is at the out-pouring of love that Lugnet has
shown.  At the visitation there was a beautiful bouquet of roses from NELUG.
Let me say from the entire family, Thank You Lugnet!  Diane will be visiting
Lugnet and reading all of your comments.

It feels wonderful being apart of a community that is so vibrant in its display
of love and affection.  It was wonderful hearing from Travis's family how
touched they are by all the kind words.

It was wonderful for me to be able to talk to his family about Travis's life.
I've only know him the short time online and meeting him at Brickfest - and to
learn the effects he has had on so many other people is touching.  The kindness
and fun that Travis has brought to our lives in a small pieces of the love that
he has shown.

For me personally, it was also a great thing to be able to see some of Travis's
creations.  They speak so much about his intelligence, creativity, and joy.
Diane told me that she plans on gluing his creations and making a permanent
display of them at her house (a project that I have volunteered to help with).
The family knows how important Travis is to us, so do not be afraid - his work
will survive.

As much as I have written, it is so difficult to express how much I feel right
now.  Travis was a very good friend to me.  But I must say that I am not sad for
him.  He lived a full and joyous life.  He died in his sleep, with no pain.  I
am sad for myself, because I won't be able to get to know him better.  I'm sad
because I've lost a truly wise friend, whom I can go to for good advice.  I'm
sad because I've lost all of Travis's ideas and innovations.  He won't be around
to push me farther.

I'd like to say thank you to his family for giving me the honor of being with
them during this tragedy.

-Lenny