 General / 44276
44275  |  44277
Subject:
Near Tragedies and Trivial things
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:55:04 GMT

Sometimes it takes a near tragedy to realize that things like a color change are
trivial.

Last night, the home of my brother and 8 year old niece burned to the ground.
They were not at home at the time of the blaze. They lost everything. Clothes,
toys, including Lego, the home computer, and an extensive collection of Detroit
Red Wings memorabilia.
Somehow the firefighters were able to rescue the dog.

Now, I know how passionate some of us are about this hobby, but personally, I
now have a new perspective about what is important, and what is not. While a
color change is inconvenient and costly over time, I will get over it. It is not
important.

My brother and niece could have been killed had they been home. Thankfully, they
were not. The house can be replaced, lives can't.

So if Lego deems it neccessary to replace a color, so be it. I am not going to
fret over little trivial things like that ever again. I will still buy the
product because it is the best of its kind on the market. Eventually I will have
purchased enough of the new colors to make them useable. For now, I have enough
of the old colors to build for quite a while.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season.

Steven Weiser