 General / 44103
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:10:15 GMT

Hello!

   IF YOU AGREE THAT NEW COLORS ARE GREAT BUT REPLACING CURRENT COLORS IS A BAD IDEA, PLEASE REPOND TO THIS WITH YOUR AGE AND ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS.

I disagree that new colours are a great idea, at least in general. I’m getting confused by all those new colours available in only few parts. I completely agree, though, that replacing old colours with new colours is a bad idea.

Honestly, I doubt that TLC will care about this petition at all. THEY are the experts who know what they do, WE are just fan(atic)s playing with toys that are meant for children and we do not have the faintest idea what is good for us, let alone what is good for TLC. WE do not have many many years of experience with plasic bricks, WE do not know how one can combine them in a reasonable way, WE do never speak with parents and children who are not exactly satisfied with what LEGO offers to them. WE are not a free advertising machine for TLC, buying the advertising material from them and making propaganda for them by showing the world on conventions, events, exhibitions what great a toy LEGO can be. WE do not replace the totally boring and inapproriate brand name ‘Duplo’, that nobody ever was able to memorise for 30 years, with this great and completely unique name ‘Explore’ that everybody at first glance identifies with a colourful toy for little children. WE are not the experts. So why are THEY supposed to care for OUR opinion? WE are on the wooden way, not THEM. WE do not love LEGO as much as THEY do.

Johannes Koehler, 26

Lugnet member 693
My models at BrickShelf