 General / 43900
Re: Petition against permanent color changes (+ new words)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 05:04:54 GMT

I guess we gave up on inline replying long ago, oh well.

    Might I suggest some new nomenclature for the new colors?  Something we need
to think about when creating a name standard to call the new colors is that the
name needs to be as short as possible (preferably 1 word) while at the same time
being clear as to exactly which shade it's refering to.
    As someone mentioned before (don't remember the name), the new light gray
looks like "ashes".  Therefore:

NEW LIGHT GRAY = "ASH"

    The new dark gray has a blue tint as compared to regular dark gray.  We
could go with something like "gun metal gray" or "blue gray," but a single word
is always best.  Let's take the word "blue" and mix it with "gray."  Therefore:

NEW DARK GRAY = "BLAY"

    The 2 grays are getting the most publicity, but let's not forget that all
important brown.  Gray does get used quite a bit more than brown, so brown
sometimes seems to be a "number two" color in recent posts.  Not many people are
even "dropping" hints that the change in brown will affect them.  Instead they
"dump" all their attention on the change in the grays.  Therefore:

NEW BROWN = "POOP"

    Yeah, I know--I added my 3¢ instead of 2¢.

David "Fuzzy" Gregory