 General / 43845
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:56:14 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
To all,

In recent days a lot has happened regarding the color changes in the 2004
product line. Personally I have had great trouble dealing with this suffering
from a lack of sleep and an overly high stress level.

I was one of the few whom dared to say I like the new colors, however I
definitely agree with all of you who say they don’t like them as
replacements. I have seen plenty of new colors come to light in the last few
years most of which I really like to use

The new colors are nice but unrealistic for sidewalks or other realistic
objects due to their blue tint.

Good point.  I'll have to join Ondrew's camp, as it seems he has given this much
logical thought with supporting arguments (and not went into profane rants and
raves like some others (we can all figure out who the worst ones are).  I have
not yet had a chance to see the new colors, so I have to rely on others'
comments, but this is definitely something to consider, especially in light of
all the train clubs and LUGs that helped on the Make and Create Road show, and
with all the help they have given to Lego.

IF YOU AGREE THAT NEW COLORS ARE GREAT BUT REPLACING CURRENT COLORS IS A BAD
IDEA, PLEASE REPOND TO THIS WITH YOUR AGE AND ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS.
By responding to this post you are adding your name to a petition that will
eventually make it’s way to the Lego Company its self.

From what I've heard, Lego has a distinct pallete of X colors per year. I do
think the new colors would be great for minifig designs, though...

Someone needs to possibly reference the history of "The New Coca-Cola"...

My opinions expressed above do not reflect the view of my (second) employer.