 General / 43809
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 18:20:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greg Muri, 32

The corporate marketing speech that Jake posted is a total crock.  I will
not be purchasing any new sets that contain these colors.  Honestly I am
still unsure if I will continue Lego as a hobby at all.

TLG did such a wonderful job getting back to grass roots creativity over the
last year.  Moves like this and the introduction of a new Galidor line will
successfully negate that progress in my opinion.  Wise up, even the children
that enjoy Lego aren't stupid enough to believe this change is reasonable.

"OnDrew Hartigan" <roj2323@yahoo.com> wrote in message
To all,
In recent days a lot has happened regarding the color changes in the 2004
product line. Personally I have had great trouble dealing with this • suffering
from a lack of sleep and an overly high stress level.

    I was one of the few whom dared to say I like the new colors, however • I
definitely agree with all of you who say they don't like them as • replacements. I
have seen plenty of new colors come to light in the last few years most of • which
I really like to use however I have far too much invested in my light and • dark
Grey to be able to over look this. Currently I have probably 4+ thousand • dollars
worth of these colors.

  The new colors are nice but unrealistic for sidewalks or other realistic
objects due to their blue tint. To make things worse I am at a loss for • what to
do. Do I hoard the old colors or do I sell my current inventory and • replace it
with the new colors. So with this:

IF YOU AGREE THAT NEW COLORS ARE GREAT BUT REPLACING CURRENT COLORS IS A • BAD
IDEA, PLEASE REPOND TO THIS WITH YOUR AGE AND ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS.
By responding to this post you are adding your name to a petition that • will
eventually make it's way to the Lego Company it's self.

OnDrew Hartigan, 20

P.s. please delete any unnecessary text when replying. Thank you

My opinions expressed above may not necessarily reflect the view of my
employer.