 General / 43729
Re: Petition against permanent color changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:41:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
[snip]
    I was one of the few whom dared to say I like the new colors, however I
definitely agree with all of you who say they don’t like them as replacements. I
have seen plenty of new colors come to light in the last few years most of which
I really like to use however I have far too much invested in my light and dark
Grey to be able to over look this. Currently I have probably 4+ thousand dollars
worth of these colors.

I'm not here for the money issue. I consider my lego as a stress reliever, not
as an investment :)

  The new colors are nice but unrealistic for sidewalks or other realistic
objects due to their blue tint. To make things worse I am at a loss for what to
do. Do I hoard the old colors or do I sell my current inventory and replace it
with the new colors. So with this:

it's not that the old dark gray was realistic for the rails, but, imagine the
rails with a blue tint to them ...
as I told jake, either make them brown (the old one) or light gray (old or new),
so as to be more realistic (wood or concrete)

IF YOU AGREE THAT NEW COLORS ARE GREAT BUT REPLACING CURRENT COLORS IS A BAD
IDEA, PLEASE REPOND TO THIS WITH YOUR AGE AND ANY ADDITIONAL COMMENTS.
By responding to this post you are adding your name to a petition that will
eventually make it’s way to the Lego Company it’s self.

OnDrew Hartigan, 20
Amaury Jacquot, 28