 General / 43727
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 06:20:51 GMT

It sounds to me like all the ISS that are left are going to disappear off the
shelves.

Is there any way to know before buying a set whether it uses the new or old greys?
It would really suck to spend $300 on an ISS only to find it used the new colors,
and you wanted the old.  Will the box art change to the new colors (and if so, can
we request that you PLEASE note "with new greys!" for the first year somewhere on
the art?)?

Jake McKee wrote:

In lugnet.general, Joel Hoornbeek wrote:
<snip>
From what I understand, all new products, starting with the 2004 sets will be
coming off the line utilizing the new colors. It should be noted that we are
looking into the feasibility of producing bulk packs of the "old" color
elements to be made available through LEGO Shop At Home – no guarantees, mind
you, but we’re looking into it.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info, Jake.  If all new sets are produced with new colors, does
that mean that any future Legends sets will use the new colors?  I'm assuming
it does.  For some reason, I can't really get excited about the fact that
future Legends re-releases of castle or (one can hope) Classic Space sets
would not have the same colors as the originals.

From what I understand, anything rolling off the line from now on (possible
exceptions from previous post excluded) would be in the new colors.

--
Tom Stangl
***http://www.vfaq.com/