 General / 43694
Re: New colors and other info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:11:41 GMT

Hi Jake,

I’m not trying to shoot the messanger, but I want to make sure the LEGO company hears what I have to say. This is an expansion on what I sent you earlier.

I’m glad to hear the stud shapes aren’t changing. However, I will tell you as an AFOL I feel abandoned by the LEGO company because the old colors are “obsolete.”

This is really sad and unfortunate. I have been getting back into LEGO the past couple of years, and I have been building quite a bit of large projects. Several of them contain several thousand bricks. I can’t tell you the amount of money I spend on LEGO annually.

Instead of making “new and fresher” colors, why not just expand what you offer in say the orange or brown pieces? It makes me nuts how I cannot find any 1 x 1 plates in either color, without having to pay for each at $1 a piece in the secondary market. For some reason, I don’t buy that this is customer response that the colors are too dull.

I know you are also a LEGO builder and collector, but please, please get this type of information back to the LEGO company. This is a great way to completely annihilate a customer base (the adult builder, who eventually does convince their kids to build with LEGO).

This is a lose-lose situation for both the LEGO Company and AFOLs.

-Anne