 General / 43625

Re: Fwd from a builder: Colors don't match, among other things!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:42:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
Ken Koleda wrote:

TLC has said on
numerous occaisons that AFOLs are just not a big enough market segment.

Are you serious???

If by "big enough" they mean more than 50% of the actual head-count,

Yes, he's serious.  By "not big enough", if memory is serving me correctly (too
lazy to go digging through Lugnet's back catalogue of conversations), they mean
"less than 5% of our sales volume"

95% of the Lego that leaves the shelves ends up in the hands of a kid.

James

Ken Koleda wrote:

TLC has said on
numerous occaisons that AFOLs are just not a big enough market segment.

Are you serious???

If by "big enough" they mean more than 50% of the actual head-count,

Yes, he's serious.  By "not big enough", if memory is serving me correctly (too
lazy to go digging through Lugnet's back catalogue of conversations), they mean
"less than 5% of our sales volume"

95% of the Lego that leaves the shelves ends up in the hands of a kid.

Same reasoning why they don't cater to the Macintosh with their computer
products - too small an audience.

Mark