 General / 43128
Re: Responding to a Troll (was Re: Kicking the Brick with: Paul Hartzog)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 15:54:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richie Dulin wrote:

Yes. It is a hint. But that’s all there is - a hint here, a clue there. Something dramatic has happened in the community - some people are allowed to know details, others not - and it is as if the whole thing never happened.

I won’t post on this thread again. Rest assured: I won’t raise the topic again.

Adieu

Richie Dulin

If it’s any consolation, here’s my story. Note: I am not just speaking as someone who didn’t get his magazine but as someone who was to be doing face to face business with Matt’s BrickMedia.

At the 2003 BricksWest, Matt brought myself and a few others together durring the show because someone there asked if we would be interested in doing a LEGO display at show called SIGGRAPH to be held in San Diego. I was certainly for it because it was going to be in my hometown.

At first Matt showed a lot of excitement doing this and he said to me and others that once Bricks magazine was off the ground he would be very eager to help out in any way and do a full story in the magazine about it. He gave me the impression that he was very confidant that Bricks would be off to a roaring start and be in this quick. He also said he would keep in close contact with SIGGRAPH’s organizers and even see if he could get LEGO to help get the bricks for the show. If that’s not enough, he even drew a sketch of an enormous creation that would be loaded with chrome bricks right in from of me.

Well, as the show was getting closer and closer, those of us who were in on it knew we had better get our butts moving. We did a conference call but Matt wasn’t a show. We did an in-person meet in San Diego, again Matt wasn’t there. When SIGGRAPH did happen, there was no sign whatsoever of Matt. The last e-mail I got from Matt about SIGGRAPH was dated March 20th and nothing since.

Others in the organization for the LEGO display in SIGGRAPH did not hear anything either for MONTHS too! And even after SIGGRAPH, none have hear anything from him. We who were dedicated to participating LEGO in SIGGRAPH had the smarts to go on without him and it paid off.

For all any of us know, Matt has taken himself and his family off to an island in the carribean or someplace, used the money he took to change his identity, and will never be seen or heard from again.

The End

Adr.