 General / 42828
42827  |  42829
Subject:
Brasso
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 16 Aug 2003 19:08:20 GMT

hey guys,

At BF this year I stumbled into a conversation about removing the useless
painted on graphics that plague parts that are other wise wicked
awesome.Which If you're like me, you've been looking at some of these new
wedge slopes and saying to yourself, how the heck can I use this ugly piece
of crap... So this was good news for me and now for all of you.

the solution...

Brasso

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/elkane/Misc/graphics_gone.jpg

as you can see I have a few parts done, and a few in the queue still.  You
should do this in a well ventilated area, cause this stuff is pretty
powerful smelling and might not be too good to breath.  It takes a little
elbow grease to rub the paint all the way off, and when you're finished you
should double check and take a real close look to make sure that you have
really gotten all the paint off.  I did it with just a rag, but someone said
that its really easy to rig up a hand sander with a cloth and that it works
much better.  I'm dying to try that.

this stuff is a polish and it leaves an essentially like new finish on the
brick, and is even safe for transparent stuff as you'll see by the wedge
windscreen thingy at the bottom of the pic.

happy tinkering

-tk