 General / 42271
Re: The way we were: January, 1994
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2003 19:51:24 GMT

In lugnet.general, Thomas Main writes:
I just read through the first month of postings to rec.toys.lego (January 1994)
and was amused and impressed by some of the things I read.  There were many
"firsts" of discussions that seem to be ongoing up to the present.  I thought
it might be entertaining and/or helpful to reminisce about some of the topics
discussed then.  I would love it if someone with a greater ability to process
trends and a good editorial eye would take on the task of beginning to write
down the history of the online Lego community (more on this after the topic
list).

That would make for some nice history of the online LEGO world.

One question- where did you find posts so old? We're talking nine years plus
there!  It would be a real kick to get a look at this very early stuff.

Anyway...just thought this topic list from r.t.l might be entertaining.

It's funny how one looks back at all this and is left thinking how far the
online LEGO world we are in today has come.  For me, being able to read
those posts would be sort of looking through a photo album (the kind w/
sticky sheets that warped/discolored your prints).

Adr.