 General / 42232
Re: Maximum Wheels + Robobots = Transformer!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 20 May 2003 16:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Paul S. D'Urbano writes:
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the kind words.  I'm glad you like it.  I remember you mentioned
you were interested in transformers at the last GardenSLUG meeting.

You're welcome.  Well, Bitstream really sparked my interest about creating
transformers on that scale.  I do have two worked out that function like
Bitstream and I have been messing with designs in my sketchbook.  They will
be in physical form soon (or at least that's what I keep telling myself ;-).

You know this post also got me thinking about what might be the baddest
Transformer since Unicron... *muahhahahahha*  Maybe a GardenSLUG build
challenge??

I think it would be awesome if a bunch of folks (in our club and/or beyond)
all came up with different transformers based on the Designer's Sets.  I
love the idea of alternate models since they're designs you can share with
other people that you know they can build if they have the same set(s) --
and because they're designs other people can share with me, of course ;-).
Your Hulk is a great example of this.  I think the Designer's Sets are a
good medium for this since they each have a parts selection that's general
for a particular theme.  It might even be neat to print out building
instructions for some of these and bring them to the Road Show.  That way
the kids could see some of the cool stuff us adults have done and then go
home and build them with their own Designers sets.

I totally agree.  Being able to go out and easily buy the parts for
someone's creation is great.  Now if only that were the case for Eric's "Lil
Bot"...  It was neat how Hulk came together so well...thanks!
I think that we should take your suggestion about instructions and go with
it.  It might also be a way to gain attention for future club events (even
though we'll be across the river).

Oh, and in regards to the next baddest transformer, I was thinking about the
other creation you took a pic of...hehehe...would require a little club
funding or string pulling from LEGO Direct.  Making _____ into a TF just has
to be done.

-Andrew