 General / 41915
  Re: Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating

(Speaking of sugar coating... After reading through this post again I can see that there's bits in here to offend probably every single person who reads it. What can I say? I can only advise the casual reader that if you find yourself strongly (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating

Quoting Mike Rayhawk <rayhawk@artcenter.edu>: [snipped everywhere] (...) Why didn't this ever occur to me?! I might have to print some up and keep them in my wallet! Man! Year's wasted! Now if only I could come up with some sort of easy format "joke (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) It gets worse: Lego, computer message boards, gaming. The last is damning! No emoticons to soften that. Happy? (which comes off as snippy for those who don't realize I'm a long-time gamer, which illustrates the problems with the written word) (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating

Hi Mike - (...) Well, I'm not offended by any of it :-) I think it's all good stuff moving the discussion forward. (...) LOL! (...) I'm not offended in the least. I've long known that, ever since starting to LEGOfest even way back to 1999. I think (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

Snip a LOT... Wow, I just posted, but Bruce, you put it far better than I could have, I think! :-) -Tim (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) lol I was hoping someone would pick up on that! It's like the triple crown of geekdom. (...) Well no, you're one of the people I view as ignoring the criticism and going straight to jumping on Tom. Nothing wrong with that, since you seem to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) I just got a huge 5' by 9' green indoor/outdoor carpet for a Fantasy Rules! miniatures battle with Lego. Geek, geek, geek. Still, I could ratchet it up one more notch by using a game actually designed for Lego (which I keep meaning to do). (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) Dare I point out that some people <gasp> post MOCs of Dr. Who and Star Wars models.... eeyaaah! I feel the sudden need to run out, grab a cheap light beer, and watch a football game while grunting at other "non-geeky" men. Maybe that will cure (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) I tried that strange liquid you refer to as 'cheap light beer' once. Blech. Gimme an import - does that make me more geeky? -Tim (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) Hey, don't discriminate on age! :) Though, some younger teenagers tend to go through mood swings in which they alternatively moan about how bad the world is and then suddenly respond to evey MOC posted in the past month or so. Also, some less (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating

(...) See movie-comics.com, in the archives.. one of the characters, IIRC, was a guy who just holds up signs with emoticons and internet abbreviations like LOL. Pretty funny (one of my fave bits of the comic actually) HTH! (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious geekdom

(...) You have no idea just how high the scale goes, you should see some of the things people have showed me over the years. I was pretty impressed by the Palm OS BrikWars calculator, and then there was a guy who made a Java app that let you play (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Constructive criticism vs. sugar coating

(...) Yay, great, a Believer!... (...) Hrm, uh, er, maybe not... (...) Yay, he Believes again!... (...) Nevermind, he's degenerated into calling me insane... NOTE: ;-) END NOTE. I'm politically incorrect, but progressive (I consider Political (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) I've flamed very few people on Lugnet. Maybe you just have a sore spot because you were one of them? (...) Well, we agree on something else. I find you too obnoxious for words too. Of all the people on Lugnet I ignore, Scott is the #1 on the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Obnoxious over-reaction vs. sugar coating

(...) Oh, come now. Read all my posts on Lugnet. Not just the ones in .debate or just this thread, ALL of them. Then come back and tell me I like to see how much trouble I can stir up. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.general)